Friday, January 24, 2014

1st Birthday Party Planning

I have decided to accept the fact that Lilly will be a year old in less than 2 months...wow!
I am going to be honest and say that Lilly's birthday party has been stressing me out. At first, I was totally thinking we needed a perfect, themed party complete with games for older kids to play, a photo booth, party favors and awesome decorations. I am blaming the pinterest world we live in for that one! The more I thought...okay, worried... about it I realized all the hoopla was so unnecessary. I was worried about who would come, what would we serve-because the food has to match the perfect theme you know, and as silly as it sounds-I was worried about how the pictures would turn out in our house with the poor lighting and red dining room. I know, #firstworldproblems. Then, I decided to change how I was thinking!

Her first birthday is a big deal. I want it to be special for her, even though she won't remember it. Oh, but the shutterfly book I plan to make with the details and pictures from her party should help her! :) #wishfulthinking
So where am I now? I am really not stressed out, but enjoying the planning at this point. I think we have decided to host her party at the library across the street from our house in their small room for parties. We have also decided not to do a themed party at all. Well, unless specific colors are considered a theme. You want to know the honest truth? All the inspiration for her party came from her birthday party outfit that her Nana ordered her last weekend.

This is what the birthday girl will be wearing:
How cute is this?! I can't wait to see the birthday girl rocking it! 

If I were to create a pinterest board for this birthday party, it would include balloon clusters as centerpieces, pink and blue table clothes from Dollar Tree, a banner made by me with her monthy photos, a name banner made by Brooke, some of Lilly's favorite foods (no meal), a homemade smash cake and cupcakes for guests.

Now all I have to stress (I use that word loosely) is what time to hold the party. Her naps on the weekends has been so inconsistent, ha!

Anyone have any tips on 1st birthday party planning to share? I'd love to hear them!


7 comments:

BeckyJo606 said...

I love her birthday outfit!! So precious! I was seriously thinking about writing a very similar post myself. :) I have been stressing times ten about where to host Henry's party because our house is too small to have people over--but I think I may have found a place. I agree--it is so easy to go over the top because of pinterest and other blogs.

Erika said...

That outfit is SUPER cute and a great inspiration!!! Way to go on NOT going way over-the-top for the party!!! People be CRAY about these things!!! ;)

Melissa said...

That outfit is so cute! I can't believe she will be a year old so soon! I don't even want to think about that with Hadley haha!

Brooke said...

Love it! Can't wait to get the banner going... going to be so cute! I love her party outfit :)

Rebekah said...

That outfit is SO cute! I can't believe she's coming up on her first birthday already!

Sasha Savy said...

Love the outfit and I can't believe she's almost one. And how are we supposed to plan around naps? :/

Stephany said...

Eeep!!!! That outfit!

Hunny, it is very stressful! We did not do a theme with Daven's. We did colors and that was it. It was insane! I invited too many people for sure. We will not be doing that with Lilli! Whew. Flashbacks of it stress me out, hahahaha!